What training does Felix provide its employees related to accessibility?
All Felix Health employees receive accessibility training during the onboarding process and at regular intervals throughout employment. The training includes, but is not limited to, the following topics:
- For Ontario employees, the purposes of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (“AODA”)
- For British Columbia employees, the purposes of the Accessible British Columbia Act (“ABCA”)
- Information about different types of disabilities and how individual needs vary
- How feedback and accommodation requests should be responded to
- The importance of inclusion, validation, and collaboration when addressing or assisting persons with disabilities