We are looking for a Senior Back-End Developer to join the Felix Engineering team! Reporting directly to the Manager of Engineering, you will write the code and build the architecture that supports our proprietary digital healthcare ecosystem. The Senior Back-End Developer will be fundamentally responsible for the technical requirements and management of our back-end system, including the server, applications and database that power our website. The Senior Back-End Developer will work closely with counterparts on the Front-End to build a leading healthcare technology platform, and will assist the Director of Engineering with the design and execution of our technology roadmap. More broadly, the Senior Back-End Developer will work cross-functionally with our Product & Design and Client Experience teams to deliver innovative, industry-transforming products and experiences that drive patient acquisition, engagement and retention.
- Own our back-end system, from architectural patterns, technical specifications and designs to building important applications and managing our database
- Write code and build the software that will allow us to scale as we launch new products, enter new markets and expand into new healthcare categories
- Help us improve the reliability of our platform through rigorous testing, observability, and monitoring and identify areas for system optimization and improvement
- Manage the flows of communication between all levels of the stack to maximize efficiency and establish sound engineering practices and frameworks
- 4+ years of experience in software engineering with a focus on back-end systems in a high growth DTC, B2C or SMB SaaS environment
- An in-depth understanding of the stack and ability to work across multiple domains
- Proficiency with one or more of the key programming technologies including Laravel, PHP, GraphQL and AWS
- An entrepreneurial spirit, strong strategic lens and deeply charismatic approach
- Comfort with ambiguity, an ability to create clarity and eagerness to problem solve and move projects and the team forward
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits
- Maternity / paternity policy
- 4 weeks vacation (3 weeks anytime + 1 week during the holidays)
- Stock option grant
- Very cute puppies
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.