As the Financial Controller, you will be a key partner to the CFO in building and scaling the accounting and internal controls functions at Felix. You will work cross-functionally with leadership and all teams to implement processes that help us scale Felix while ensuring our finances are in order. You will help navigate the regulatory environment and work with our partners to structure our operations for maximum financial and tax efficiency.
The Financial Controller will be responsible for the following key business processes:
- Build, manage and streamline accounting operations, including A/R, A/P, accounting and financial reporting
- Facilitate payroll to all employees and contractors
- Monitor the financial performance of the company by ensuring effective cash management
- Coordinate an effective, efficient and timely month-end close process, including ownership of the general ledger, preparation of variance analysis and other relevant reporting insights
- Prepare quarterly financial statements and annual financial statements in compliance with regulatory standards, including preparation of supporting schedules, drafting notes, MD&A and other narratives as required
- Prepare technical accounting analysis on non-standard transactions and new accounting pronouncements, including impact on existing processes and systems
- Manage all aspects of the financial audit
- Manage accounting and internal control systems, including being an active participant in the enhancement, maintenance and optimization of finance systems strategy and integrations
- Establish and own formal processes for internal controls
- Work with external advisors to structure entities to maximize tax and financial efficiency
- Support cross-functional initiatives by assisting in the design and implementation of related financial processes
- CPA designation in good standing
- Minimum seven years of progressive accounting experience
- Experience leading a team an asset
- Pharmacy or retail experience an asset
- Experience in a high growth company an asset
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits
- Maternity / paternity policy
- 4 weeks vacation (3 weeks anytime + 1 week during the holidays)
- Stock option grant
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of healthcare in Canada, send us your application! We’d love to hear how you think you can make an impact.