Founded in 2019, Felix is a patient-driven digital healthcare company that puts you in control of your health and wellbeing. We’re passionate about building technology and beautiful customer experiences to make healthcare more accessible (and more enjoyable) for all Canadians. Our strong venture partners provide us the resources to support our rapid growth and we are continuing to build our incredible team based in Toronto. Felix is Canada's first end-to-end healthcare experience, providing online treatment, prescription delivery and ongoing care across a growing range of categories such as birth control, erectile dysfunction, acne and more.
We are looking for a Creative Director to join the Felix Growth Marketing team! Reporting directly to the Head of Growth, you will architect and implement a colourful and highly expressive creative strategy with a strong focus on strategic marketing campaigns and holistic brand design. The Creative Director will lead our creative development efforts from conceptualization to launch across our marketing channels and will play an instrumental role in the cultivation of a market-renowned brand identity. The Creative Director will leverage exceptional creativity, imagination, advertising and design skills to deliver strong visual storytelling and strengthen the connection between users and our brand. The Creative Director will be tasked with building and managing an in-house creative team as well as outsourcing to freelancers comprising graphic designers and copywriters that will drive performance in our growth marketing channels.
The ideal candidate will excel in these areas
- Conceptualization – Skilled hands-on designer and communicator who can go from strategy to high-fidelity execution. You understand how to take something complex and communicate it simply and beautifully
- Visual Identity - You are experienced in developing a brand’s visual identity, as well as commissioning and building assets to enable us to communicate consistently across all touchpoints
- Multiple Mediums – You understand how to work with photography, illustration, motion, animation and video across social channels (FB, Instagram, Youtube etc), digital and print
- Collaboration - You know how to work with different partners to bring the brand to life, particularly with marketing and product
- Understand our Audience - Develop a strong understanding of audience needs and mindset. Ability to iterate designs based on learnings and performance from the growth team
- Bias for Action - We are a company that makes informed decisions quickly. You must be comfortable in a very fast-paced environment
- Constant creative conceptualization and iteration for fully integrated digital campaigns
- Inspire the team with the development of advertising concepts from the smallest thought to the biggest idea
- Work directly with wider growth marketing teams to understand their needs, and then translate them into visual outputs
- Define processes to effectively deliver quality creative in a fast paced environment
- Evolve advertising communications and brand positioning on an ongoing basis
- Lead and manage creative from concept stages through to production
- Present creative and strategies to teams in a clear and compelling manner
- Continue to iterate on, evolve and maintain our brand guidelines and key positioning
- Lead and execute on asset creation including art directing photo shoots and more complex video productions
- At least 5 years prior brand and marketing design experience ideally in a growth stage B2C business
- Motion, animation and video experience is essential
- Strong and detailed understanding of contemporary design, leveraging style, function, motion, animation and video
- Prioritizes their work, is process oriented and communicates clearly to all stakeholders
- Demonstrates a willingness and ability to handle multiple projects at a time
- Can manage a calendar of design requests and deadlines
- Excels in a fast paced environment and comfortable wearing multiple hats
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits
- Maternity / paternity policy
- 4 weeks vacation (3 weeks anytime + 1 week during the holidays)
- Stock option grant
- Very cute puppies
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Seniority Level: Senior
Location: Toronto, Remote (Canada). We have an office in Toronto, but are currently working remotely and open to candidates from anywhere in Canada.
How to Apply: Please email your resume, cover letter and a link to your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Creative Director.