Felix is on a mission to elevate the quality of life for everyone by reimagining the healthcare experience. As Canada’s first end-to-end digital healthcare platform, Felix offers easy access to treatments for skin, sexual, and daily health. With Felix, gone are the days of clinic waitrooms, awkward conversations and pharmacy pick ups. We’re introducing a new model of care—one that removes friction, alleviates stress and puts the patient at the very centre. We’re modernizing healthcare. One click at a time. Join us on our mission!
We’re looking for a multidisciplinary designer who is passionate about end-to-end, human-centered product design with a focus on UX and UI. User research, information architecture, user flows, user experience design, interface design, prototyping and user testing are all central to this role. Reporting to the Director of Product, you’ll work closely with Engineering, Marketing, Growth and Product Ops on various projects, from new product features to landing pages for ad campaigns and email templates.
- Gather requirements and goals and then convert to mock-ups and prototypes that lead to intuitive, and brand compliant, user experiences
- Design graphic UI elements, web components, and create/maintain design systems
- Be informed by web analytics, heatmaps, user flows, and tests, to analyze trends and improve the UX
- Collaborate closely with developers and content publishers as they implement your designs
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
- Champion user-centred design across the company, including conducting user research to discover problems or validate solutions
- Bring a mobile first approach to all design problems
- Share work early and often and seek out constructive feedback from the team
- 3+ years of relevant experience with user experience and user interface design
- Fluency with Figma, Webflow, Adobe Creative Suite
- Understanding of wireframing, prototyping, user research and testing
- Creative portfolio showcasing a sense of typography, layout, and color
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams while also able to work well independently with little supervision
- Possesses excellent organizational abilities and incredible attention to detail
- Exceptional time management skills and ability to efficiently multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Startup culture is not for everyone and we want to make sure that the person we bring onboard can handle all the uncertainties that can come with working at an early stage startup.
- You must have a willingness to learn, ability to take both criticism and feedback, and have the passion to explain and back your choices. If you have an ego, this is not for you.
- You can handle uncertainty with candor and are happy to take the lead to solve problems.
- You don’t settle or shrug things off. You take pride in your work and you relentlessly try to fix what’s broken and improve what’s already working.
- You are a good person. You understand humans are complicated and you always try your best to support your team mates, no matter the task.
- Your attention to detail is uncanny and when you apply to this job, you will tell us in your application the name of our office pup in the subject line of your email/message.
- You can walk the fine line between getting it done and not sacrificing quality.
- You ask questions and you don’t make assumptions. You can communicate clearly both vocally and visually.
Seniority Level: Intermediate
Planned start date: November 2020
Location: Toronto but able to WFH for the duration of the pandemic
- Full medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Maternity / paternity leave policy
- 4 weeks vacation (3 weeks anytime + 1 week during the holidays)
- Stock option grant
How to apply
If you’re interested in this position, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We welcome qualified candidates of all races, creeds, genders, and sexuality to apply.